POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Announce: SkyPOV 0.1 : Re: color definition (Re: Announce: SkyPOV 0.1) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: color definition (Re: Announce: SkyPOV 0.1)
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 6 Nov 2000 08:21:02
Message: <3a06b03e@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff wrote in message ...
>Uh, POV doesn't let you specify colors with splines.

yes, I know
but this could be useful - color curves like color_map

#declare Curve=curve{red Spline1 green Spline2 filter Spline3}
#declare Pigment=pigment{pattern color_map{curve Curve}}

therefore I thought about similiar syntax
this also allow extension to other color spaces I think

>And anyway, the syntax I use is better suited for expansion to other
>color spaces.

but you put sign "=" between meaning of "all" and "gray"
is it true in other color spaces ?

>Your
>syntax will cause confusion("I can modify red and green at the same
>time, but not blue and saturation?").

it depends of implementation in your planned patch :-)

ABX